On my Wix website, I have a variety of photos that I took all on one day (ensured consistency and flow). They are all from the same day of shooting, consisting of the same individual/my main protagonist/artist and utilise numerous/a variety of positioning/angles, capturing my artist playing a variety of instruments that feature within his album, as well as shots of him alone. Some of the images may seem very repetitive, however, after researching numerous websites, I saw that it is important for a style/brand identity to be established when trying to promote an album or single (the audience will begin to make connections between particular styles of imagery and that of my performer). For example in Catfish and the Bottlemen’s website they have their album cover on the front and top, and there is a clear black and white color scheme throughout. Through researching numerous websites like this, I decided to incorporate this color scheme (with slightly lighter tones to produce a softer, more fitting image). Furthermore, the photo I made the background of my website and those found within the ‘Gallery’ section of my website, compliment the theme established by my artist found within my digipak, merchandise etc. On my Wix website, there are there are three links to other web based axillary’s (Instagram, Twitter and Facebook). I constructed a Facebook account for my artist ‘Nick Dawson’, which has his own unique logo which is his name either side of an arrow (similar to that of existing brands such as Next). The profile picture/display picture for my Facebook profile features his latest album front cover (the audience/viewer can immediately see that they’ve found the correct page as his face is made obvious/identifiable). Similarly, I did this for my Twitter and Instagram account. I captured all images, published on these social media sites, on my i-Phone so that I could easily upload different photos and post them to my artists Instagram, Twitter and Facebook accounts. Additionally, photos featuring on my website, I also uploaded to Instagram and Facebook so that there were clear links/connections between my various web-based ancillaries. As all of these social media pages directly link from my Wix, it was extremely important that I established a similar/constant style/design throughout, which ultimately, I believe I achieved by using the same/similar photos and color schemes throughout them all.
For my final digipak, I incorporated four photos that I captured during the photoshoot that are also on all of my web based ancillaries. Even though they were all taken on the same day, the lighting was different from photo to photo, meaning that when I put them together they did not match completely. To help colour match all of the images on my digipak, I used a filtering tool on Instagram, as well as ‘Adjust Colour’ Tool within the application of Preview on my MacBook. Putting a filter/colour adapter on top of all my separate images made it look more professional and eye-catching and also established consistency amongst my platforms and products. After extensive research into existing digipak products of famous artists and trying to create my own personalised cover, It became evident that colour matching was one of the most influential components to whether the digipak was successful/attractive or not. On the front cover of my digipak, there is a double exposure/blended edit of two images showing both my artist/protagonist and one of the locations that appear within my music video (gives an insight to viewers/listeners on what they should expect i.e. the beach often personifies conventions of an acoustic/indie performer). Additionally, the ‘Nick Dawson’ merchandise logo also features across the front which is the same as all of the set display images in all four of my web based ancillaries (the colour scheme of my digipak complements and connects with that of my artists website).
I also included scenic long shots within my final music production where my artist can be seen walking along the beach. This was strategically constructed in the same order as the photos I used. This creates a pattern that audiences can identify with and now expect in all my potential forthcoming productions. Although no instruments were involved within my video (as it was narrative based rather than the instrumental element), my digipak successfully incorporates a close up shot of my performer playing the piano/guitar. There are various close ups of my male protagonist, which is actually my artist, which enables my viewers to understand that the individual on my digipak is obviously the same person as within my video. I also feel that my choices of locations in my music video allowed for my ancillary texts to relate closely to that of my music video (taking the photos on the same day as the performance element established fluidity amongst my project). In conclusion, I believe that the photo-shoot I carried out was an extremely significant element in the construction of my media products as it made our ancillaries come together and made my production work effectively with that of my digipak, websites and other associated elements.